View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2008, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Yeah I always thought such a line would take pressure of the expo line, especially at Broadway where passengers transfer of the Milenium line. Even passengers from around Metro town would only waste less than 5-10 to take the less congested route downtown. There is also tons of redevelopment potential along the route, BCIT has huge potential on all the unused land, one of the main employment hubs in the region in the area and a hospital in the area, Brentwood will only grow more, tons of potential along Hastings, Kootney loop area can desify, then you have the PNE and even some sections along Victoria drive could be rezoned for high density between Hastings and Venables, and obviously east of downtown theres tons and tons of potential...I also always had a bit of a wish to use the fill to create a new port terminal closer to second narrows bridge and move the Centrum part of the port over there and finance it by selling and redeveloping the land. It can then connect with the expo line/hastings extension. Based on what the city fetched from the Olympic village im sure the Port could pay for their move and still make a profit on top, as a side benefit they can get move some of their operations further away from downtown which im sure they would love, the city also wins. I could see them pumping in over 50,000 people on to prime waterfront land at the base of Main st, and more land could be reclaimed and a nice extensive waterfront park created to go along with it.
omg.....that's one of my dreams, only that the Port would actually relocate to expanded facilities at Deltaport where there's no city traffic and is near the border with well connected roads including the SFPR.