View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2008, 4:08 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
Design Selected for New University of Baltimore Law School
Published by Jeff under Mount Vernon, North Baltimore, Uncategorized

University of Baltimore officials have awarded a winning design in a competition for a new law school building that brought competitors from across the globe. The winners were German firm Behnisch Architekten in a joint venture with Baltimore-based Ayers, Saint, Gross Inc.

The prominent building site sits at the corner of Charles St. and Mt. Royal Ave, fully visible from the Jones Falls Expressway. Undoubtedly, UB is going for an iconic design for the new 100 million dollar plus building. The design is decidedly modern in contrast to mainly historic and contemporary buildings in the area, although not unlike the MICA Brown Center and the new MICA Gateway Building further up Mt. Royal Ave.

Since the preliminary design is the result of a competition that lasted a few months, one would expect the design to change through the process of full design. But from the looks of it, the new design will be bold, daring, and will hopefully add to the character of growing midtown Baltimore on what has been a sad empty parking lot.

http://www.baltimoregrows.com/

More information at the above source
And here is the "winning" design.: