View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2010, 4:14 AM
dvdktn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterG View Post
Did anyone see the Herald today? they were talking about the East Calgary Greenway. It is my understanding that its being built right next to the ring road. Is that correct? The article said that the greenway will eventually circle the entire city, which may offer a pretty sweet ride

As for Bike sharing: I think it could work in Calgary, but only for certain areas. The river pathway system could have rental stations all along from bowness park, shoudice park, edworthy park and so on right on through to Prince's Island and the new Riverwalk in the EV. I think that one of the main problems would be the hills, as rental bikes are unlikely to offer the gear ratios needed to climb out of the valley . thoughts?
Those would be perfect sites for stations. Although I can't see people using them other than for recreation. I think it would be good to have stations near Sunnyside c-train station and Erlton c-train as well as Talisman park, Stanely park, a few small ones along 10th Ave, and the other ones you mentioned.

The city should build bike lanes on 10th Ave comparable to this: