View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2011, 2:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Vacant and/or Abandoned Skyscrapers

I am fascinated with grit, dead malls, and vacant skyscrapers. It occurred to me that the latter might be an interesting topic for a thread.

Here are a few to get things started:

1) Buffalo Central Terminal (Buffalo, NY)

wikipedia

The New York Central Terminal in Buffalo, New York, USA, was a key railroad station from 1929 to 1979. The 17-story Art Deco style station was designed by architects Fellheimer & Wagner for the New York Central Railroad. After years of abandonment, it is in derelict condition, but is now owned by the non-profit preservation group, Central Terminal Restoration Corporation. (CREDIT: WIKIPEDIA)

2) São vito, sao paulo

thomaslockehobbs

3) Michigan Central Station, Detroit

wikipedia

The building, located in the Corktown district of Detroit near the recently demolished Tiger Stadium and the Ambassador Bridge about 2 miles (3.2 km) southwest of downtown Detroit, still stands today, though it remains unoccupied (wikipedia).

4) Broderick Tower, Detroit

Wikipedia

The Broderick Tower is a vacant skyscraper in Detroit, Michigan awaiting redevelopment. Construction began in 1926, and was completed in 1928. The tower was the second tallest building in Michigan when it was completed in 1928. It stands 35-stories tall, with two basement floors. The building is designed with Neo-classical architecture, Chicago school, and Beaux-Arts designs (Wikipedia).

5) Edificio Somallan, Havana, Cuba

glezgayol's photobucket
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?