View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 5:06 PM
Ascension

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrad View Post
If anything, I always thought it was rather dumb that Vegas allowed the hotels to create mini segments of monorail through their own properties (Mandalay Bay/Luxor/Excalibur) and ( The Mirage/Treasure Island), while it built a totally separate operating monorail for the opposite side of the Strip that cut through the back of the resorts but still managed to miss most of the resorts.

A pretty straightforward monorail should have been built. From the airport, and hopefully future Stadium/NFL site, to the strip and went down the center of the strip where it turned towards downtown and ended it downtown and the rail station. Easy.

or build 2 segments where it started at the Airport/stadium, reach the strip where it splits off so that one side services one side of the strip while the other services the opposite side, when both sides reached the Stratosphere, have them merge back together and end at downtown/rail station.

I always thought Nevada/Vegas was a state rolling in gambling money (taxed gambling money I mean) to the point where infrastructure issues should have been easily paid.
The Strip is technically not in Vegas but in Paradise. The monorail travels through Paradise and Winchester.