View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2010, 11:32 AM

I had a long discussion regarding Lee with a family member at a get together this past weekend. He basically grew up with Lee and knows him extremely well. I don't have anything against him personally, but the prognosis isn't great. Basically, he is the epitomy of silver spooned entitlement, and at best, the poster child for what will be a career politician. I too am concerned at the short and narrow mind set that led to the ouster of Bennett. Like Bennett's party or not, he was a very intelligent,tireless workhorse for Utah, and highly efficient in forwarding the agenda and views of many on this forum. I fear that Lee lacks many of Bennett's redeeming leadership qualities.
There are many roles that I feel the federal government is best left out of. However, transportation in a high growth State such as Utah must have federal cooperation. We would not have a fraction of the local or national network of transport that we have had it not been for a federal/interstate involvement. Lee's pronouncements on federal assistance in regard to transportation are idiotic at best.

Last edited by delts145; Jul 17, 2010 at 11:47 AM.