Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8 View Post
Developers renew focus on West Sacramento
Once slowed by the economy, Bridge District sees new construction

Sacramento Business Journal by Sanford Nax, Staff Writer
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012, 3:00am PST
Photo courtesy of Todd Quam | Digital Sky Aerial Imaging

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Bridge District, shown in June, features Raley Field and a riverfront trail.

Piece by piece, the Bridge District is coming together.

About $50 million worth of roads and infrastructure are in. A nearly mile-long River Walk Trail, finished in 2011, serves as a front door to the 188-acre development in West Sacramento. And the biggest property owner in the neighborhood has finished a 70-foot by 300-foot park that has as its centerpiece a 16-foot granite table and benches under a canopy of olive trees.

Envisioned for many years, the Bridge District — if fully built out — would consist of 5,210 housing units and almost 7.3 million square feet of commercial development. ...

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacrament...-west-sac.html
I really look forward to West Sacramento's urban riverfront development. There is an incredible amount of potential there, and I have a strong feeling it will be executed properly, and it will only add to this whole new persona that the general Downtown Sacramento area is adapting. Give it about 5 years, and this whole central area will have an entirely new vibe. I know it might seem a bit "high-hopey," but I really think the time for this new, transformed urban makeover is finally approaching. Things are looking good.