View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 9, 2014, 11:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Can someone give me their thoughts on affordable housing on these projects?

Why not require developers to contribute to a fund which will allow for more affordable housing complexes in Queens, Brooklyn, etc? Developers can build more market rate apartments which will help to generate more tax dollars while allowing for the construction of good housing in less expensive parts of town. I am admittedly not well versed on these issues so please correct any incorrect statements or assumptions I have made.
This project in particular has no affordable housing requirement. I've shown on the previous page how they are allowed to build housing on site. Of course, the issue always comes up with the community because anytime housing is built, they assume affordable housing will be a component because of the bonus in size developers get for building it. But for developers who do opt to build the affordable housing, it's not always built on site. I don't want to get too deep into that here, its an issue for the City Discussions forum.

Quote:
I like the terrace. I was reading an article about how popular these spaces have become in Manhattan.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.