Thread: Tucson Concept
View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxSUNSfan View Post
I would say that everything considered, Tucson is more anti-urban and sprawled than Phoenix. No real mass transit, the City of Tucson is STILL annexing more land, or considering it while Phoenix and Scottsdale are preserving tons of open land within city limits as parkland/preserves.

Tucson is also not densely populated at all and has a very small downtown footprint with a very limited residential base. I think Tucson is more likely to eventually emulate Tempe one day. They are starting to get some housing around the university/downtown that mimics what has been going on in Tempe for years. Tucson has it's own identity though. I think a few cities in Arizona have come along with building unique communities. The organic communities in Flagstaff, Tempe, Scottsdale (old town), Phoenix, and Tucson are maturing...if not underdeveloped. With the exception of Flagstaff, which is a very small city and has a pretty filled out historic downtown, the other cities still have tons of planning and catching up to do.
Thanks for your professional and honest response.