View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
I happened to use this today and found it good overall except for one thing.

The tunnel is to take you from the 102 inbound to Dunbrack St. It's purpose was to eliminate the weave/merge that used to be there with traffic coming from the 103 onto the 102. That is a good thing in itself.

But 2 things seem odd. The first is perhaps understandable, but they have done nothing to fix the lethal stop/left turn across traffic once you get to Dunbrack and want to head north towards Fairview. That remains the same as it always was, but I do understand it would be an expensive fix.

The other thing is harder to explain. There is a new widened ramp off the 102 of 2 lanes. The right lane takes you to the 103. The left lane takes you to the Dunbrack tunnel. Right where they diverge, the Dunbrack side has quite a precipitous drop combined with a slight turn that feels quite disconcerting. Once you get into the tunnel it is fine, but I predict problems at that diversion point.
I agree, went through there today. I had the same observation. I think they are going to have to do some sort of a fix there.