View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 1:00 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
I read the report regarding the Chicago-Cleveland corridor, and I think it's rather interesting how not only will the southern allignment through Ft. Wayne will produce more revenue, but it will also cost less to build. I do believe it should be in the best interest to include Pittsburgh in some way. It is a large economic center technically considered part of the Midwest -- on the fringe of the Midwest/Northeast, if you will. This corridor Chi-land-burgh, as I like to call it, is considered a metropolis like the Northeast Corridor. It's not quite as populous, but it has quite a few large economic centers along the way.

I can see a Chi-Columbus-Pittsburgh routing as well. However, I think it would be rather expensive to build considering the hillier, curvier nature of the geography, particularly between Columbus and Pittsburgh. It would be nice if the alignment included a stop at KPIT, but then I'm referring to the Ohio-hub proposal, which we all know is dead...