View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 10:27 PM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
^ Agreed on the Hampton, I guess I was thinking of that image as a Phase 1 sort of thing.

I didn't know about the Pond, it was probably long gone by the time I was old enough to be noticing such things. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of it, please post one if you have one.

It would also be nice for somewhere around Park Central to have a smaller branch campus of the MIM (like the Heard North) with a shuttle service running between the two locations.

E: Also I wonder what sort of larger retailers we could realistically hope to attract to both Downtown & The Park Central area in the next 10-20 years. The PHX area seems pretty saturated to me with Nordstroms, Barneys, Macy's and the like. Between Biltmore, Scottsdale Fashion, Chandler Fashion, the Quarter, Kierland, etc. it seems there's really no demand for high end retail to come to Downtown--- so something like what they have in SLC seems impossible.

I imagine the Park Central area could sustain slightly higher end stuff than Downtown proper because of its proximity to Willo, Encanto Palmcroft, Alvarado, North Central, etc. If we could get maybe a Macy's (not all that high end), Dillards & Sears to anchor Park Central with stores like JC Penny, Khols, TJ Maxx, Ross, PetSmart & a CityTarget going in Downtown that would be incredible.

Of course that doesn't even bring grocery stores into the discussion. Park Central would be a great place for a grocery store like a Sprouts, Whole Foods or Trader Joes, Sunflower, etc some day as CenPhx is completely devoid in that area. Something with a lunch counter facing that "Park Central Square" would be terrific. Downtown of course desperately needs the PHX Public Market to develop into something more like Philly's Reading Terminal or LAs Public Market and a Food City or Fresh & Easy would be great downtown (though F&E seems to be struggling).

Last edited by HooverDam; Mar 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM.