View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2010, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
No, it's accurate. Silverstein's latest offer is to build Tower 3 first, which would leave Tower 2 as the only tower not financed, resulting in only the podium being built, probably by the Port Authority. The redesign they are talking about is for the base of the towers. The PA has already begun a redesign of the PATH terminal which would lead to a redesign of those towers anyway. Now both sides have about a week to come up with a solution before things are decided for them.
Oh come on now, NYguy. I know that they want to build Tower 3 first. We just discussed it a few pages back. My point was either it is old news or there is renewed talk of a Tower 2 podium. Given the articles you posted it appears that is the case. How unfortunate.

If they're going to build a podium for T2 and completely redesign T3, just build another Tower 1. This is silly. I guarantee you a cheaper Tower 3 is going to look like garbage.

Let me rephrase that: Should Tower 3 be redesigned/reduced in height and Tower 2 turned into an ugly stump, then the original site plan will be scrapped as well.

What a disaster.

Last edited by meh_cd; Mar 5, 2010 at 10:42 PM.