View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2012, 8:23 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
Authentic or not, most people just don't really dig blues. It's more of a novelty of the ghost of music past (little holiday pun ). Most younger people have never heard of a guy like Muddy Waters.

As far as watching and listening, we already have places like Kingston Mines and House of Blues (?? do they even play Blues music there?). So you don't need a museum for that. The museum sounds like it'd be a watered down version of Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of fame, sans inducting new artists into the museum. Again, for me personally (and most people under the age of 50), it just doesn't sound that interesting.
I dig the blues. I really dig it. I haven't seen many of the greats, since so many of them died before my time, but I have at least seen B.B. King and Buddy Guy. We missed out on getting to see John Lee Hooker when he came to town. Pinetop Perkins lived here, too, and somehow I never got to see him. And then there's Stevie Ray Vaughan, who died before I got into blues. I have at least gotten to see Jimmie Vaughan about a half dozen times.