View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2009, 5:58 PM
opinionated so and so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZET View Post
and that is the essence of the problem. Both parties point to the other as having the ball in their court and nothing happens. Is it just me being cynical or does the fact that the NDP cover Dartmouth in orange have anything to do with dartmouth High being ignored for so long. Citadel has already had more money for renovations while DH has been waiting for a fixup.

The $ that I mentioned per Gloria was realted to the sports field, which is a HRM responsibility.
Er, Citadel was the first new school in the old city of Halifax in 45 years, I think you need to review the facts. Don't covet your neighbours good fortune, etc. HRSB & DOE did engineering studies of DH, St Pats, QEH, PA and determined the worst needed work first. St Pats and QEH both being at their core 1930s buildings, that became the priority.

Don't get me wrong, if I was in charge I woulda renovated St Pats, PA and DH with the 30 million Citadel cost, and sold off QEH. The engineers said it would take 13-15 million to do St Pats. Imagine what 6-7 million each at PA and DH would do.

EDIT - as for the terminal, I just hope they put a full set of lights at the intersection on Nantucket, someone turning left into Sportsplex can murder the traffic situation during rush hour.

Last edited by Waye Mason; Apr 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM. Reason: forgot something!