Thread: Savannah, GA
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2015, 11:41 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSyd View Post
thanks for the photos. i've got to get back there soon. is the rooftop shot from a British pub/restaurant?

and i need to get back to Charleston, which is superior IMO. Charleston feels more like a mini-capitol while Savannah plays second city fiddle.

and you need to get to NOLA, which is another level of historic crazy. and while on the topic of historic southern coastal cities, don't forget St. Augustine and Galveston.

-
I will get to NOLA someday. St. Augustine is one of the few cities in Florida I haven't been to yet. And considering my name, Austin is a derivative of the famous St. Augustine of Algeria I am interested in addition to my love of cities.

The restaurant was Z2 and we ate on the rooftop deck on the 2nd floor. it was great. The owner was this lady from Switzerland who is like a nomad or something the waitress was telling us. I had "South African iced tea" which was the tastiest beverage I have ever had. Then we ordered poutine for appetizer and then this chicken sandwich that had won a national award from the Food Channel or something. A local recommended it to us.
http://www.z2savannah.com/index.html#

Awesome views of Savannah's City Hall.