View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 24, 2016, 5:24 AM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
Merci Franks ! Oui, elles sont de moi. Au fil des années, je ne me lasse pas d'organiser de petites expéditions à Québec pour aller marcher dans les ruelles de la ville fortifiée et dans les faubourgs à l'aspect plus rugueux. Cette ville est simplement fascinante, inspirante, unique... Mon projet pour la prochaine année serait aussi d'explorer Lévis et Lauzon davantage

It truly is. Other places like Détroit have also kept a certain "French Canadian" thing going on -- the divison of the agricultural land along the rivers, for instance, and the older rural architecture. I'll surely make researches about this dialect you wrote about. Days of pleasure ahead for sure. :-) It was interesting to read that though the lands west of the Mississippi were retroceded to Spain after 1763, that the French life simply continued in Sainte Geneviève. I guess it started to change more when Missouri state joined the USA.
also st. charles, st. louis, florrisant, etc. many french speaking people came over the mississippi when the illinois country fell to the british.