View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I never done a list like this , ive done a few other things. I wouldn't call this a pipe dream considering that there getting serious with a few lines. A Few years ago the Lackawanna line was dead , and now its under Construction. The Glassboro line has starting waking up recently , and Penn Station Access. They tend to restore most lines in pairs of 2 or 3 , so I could see all of this getting done by 2050. Again that's 40 years away..... The PATH is not NJT , so I did not include. The Lehigh Extensions , MOM Rail Network , Penn Station Access will restore or extend 7 to 8 lines , those projects are cheap , as long as a project is cheap aka below 700 Million it will get built. Then theres CT which is getting very progressive with Rail and the Lower Hudson Valley. TOD and few other things will drive the Suburban Rail. Considering what they've built and upgraded over the past 20 years , its very possible...they've recently been upgrading the systems to handle the extensions. Some lines will get built or restored this decade , although no one knows which ones. The Lackawanna line threw everyone a curve ball , but I would be surprised if the West Trenton & Northwest lines got funded and built , and Pompton Branch.... As for Metro North there currently upgrading the Danbury Branch , and overhauling the New Haven line for Expansions in CT.... This is also the NY region , we tend to get funding more then say the Boston or Charlotte Regions , theres Bi-Partisan support for Rail here , which also makes all these lines possible. The Lackawanna line and Lehigh Valley lines are being pushed by Republicans and Conservatives...
You've done this thread before and it got closed down because most of the information is uncited, unsubstantiated and conjectural.

Here's the former thread: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=177978&page=3