View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascalisa View Post
Nothing too special about the parking deck in that article. I used to use it all the time when I was a regular at World of Beer, still sad they're gone.

Anyway, not much is going to happen to it. They plan to automate it... big woop, but it will make it more convenient. They plan to clean it, which is actually a big thing... that deck is shady as hell, and nasty. They also plan to promote/advertise it more which will definitely help the neighborhood. I didn't even know about the deck until AFTER I became a regular at World of Beer. It became incredibly convenient once I know it was there.

One thing I wonder about is the top level of the deck... it's currently fenced off. I don't know if that is for structural or other reasons but it would definitely help business in the neighborhood if they were able to open up more of the deck to parking.
Thank you for that update. I am starting to wonder about the BBJ when they hide articles behind the pay wall, usually it is not a big deal. (bummer). They need to do more investigating into the big projects that stall, like the ones next door to that parking deck. Rumor has it the people building the apartment tower on the Break's property are buying the Building Trades Tower across the alley.