View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 11:50 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else, aside from height, like that Roszak version better?
it's just you. the roszak plan was far worse from a preservation aspect, facedomizing the hahn building into the incredibly cheezy-looking white metal panel retail podium structure. what's even worse is the the ground level retail of the hahn building would have been obliterated for parking, meaning that the facade of the hahn building would have masked a parking gararge, even at the ground level! that would have been truly awful form an urban design standpoint. as for the towers, the only thing superior about the roszak scheme is that it would have mixed in a hotel with the condo uses, as opposed to the straight condo tower in the new scheme. being the absolute heart of downtown evanston, i would have liked to have seen more mixing of uses, but what can you do, i'll gladly settle for a nicely detailed 500' condo tower with ground floor retail and full preservation for the landmarked hahn building.

plus, if you're familair with the works of booth hansen and roszak ADC, there should be absolutely no surprise as to why i have FAR more confidence in the former to design an execute a new building befitting the title of "evanston's tallest".

Last edited by Steely Dan; Apr 27, 2007 at 12:07 AM.