View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 26, 2011, 9:59 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post
Could someone please post info on the Vermont and Wilshire Project. What is that status of LA Central and the Century City Projects?
L.A. Central is downtown. Therefore, any info should be in the Downtown Rundown. Vermont/Wilshire is still going through the approval stage. Last I heard, they were redesigning it to make it more pedestrian friendly. I have no info on any of the Century City projects. Hypothetically, they could break ground next year, but I truly have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeHundred View Post
Is that what's going up? It looks to be nearly topped out. I went past there on Saturday. It's pretty imposing.
Yeah. They say it should open up around mid 2012, so it should make sense that it is almost topped out. Do you think that, if you pass by it, you could take some pictures and post them? Since I don't really live in the area, the last time I passed by it was only on the second floor. I'm sure now there is cladding and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RST500 View Post

Its a good project in design. I just wish it would be taller conseriring the location. I always envisioned that area with 20-40 story towers.
Eh. I'm fine with eight+ story towers. That height, evenly distributed throughout L.A., would be hella density. Tokyo, don't forget, is mostly 5-15 story buildings, with taller towers interspersed throughout. Anyways, I always say, as long as it is dense enough to support a subway, I am happy.