View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2012, 3:17 AM

I have a very random question and feel this might be the best thread to post it in.

Today while driving I passed by Midtown Tennis at Elston/Damen/Fullerton and it got me thinking. I know Chicago used to have a professional ATA/WTA tennis tournament years ago, and it seems to me that Midtown would be a great location to potentially bring a larger tournament back to Chicago (and with it being an indoor facility it could be hosted anytime during the year.) I also couldn't help but notice the massive vacant lot across the street from Midtown and was curious if Midtown has ever thought of expanding further? I could see a newer facility being built in the vacant lot (maybe featuring a main area as well as additional courts.)

I could imagine the demand being there for an arena of that caliber. I would imagine the arena could be rented out to high schools and colleges for tournaments as well as charity tournaments, etc. There are so many cities much smaller than Chicago with large ATP/WTA tournaments so I was curious if a facility like that seems beneficial?