View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 9:20 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
I can't stand "winter" in the South (save South Florida because there it's actually nice all year round... which is not totally my cup of tea either, but certainly serves as a nice place to get away to from Jan-Mar).

I'd MUCH rather have an actual winter with snow and cold, rather than that ungodly depressing 40-50 degree gray brownness that permeates the winter months in places in the southeastern US. It's awful to me.

People talk about the winter in North Carolina or Tennessee or wherever being so "bearable" and mild... I say it sucks and agree that it is completely overrated. After living in both for a significant number of years, I'll take snowy and cold over 40s/50s rainy crap shit-brown grass no leaves on trees weather any day.

Thanks... end of weather rant.
this winter has seen snow/ice on the ground for an extended period, something i'm not used to. its prevented me from going for runs/etc and im blaming it for my winter-pudge, lol. there are a lot of sunny/dry winter days in the southeast, and some winters we experience that here (as does DC i imagine). i'm in the camp of give me some winter, with lots of dry sunny 45 F days and snowfalls that melt within a week. i hate the brown snowpiles and salt crust shit that i associate with chicago.