View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
The Canada Line as a whole, though, needs expansion- large parts of Cambie need to be ripped up again either for new stations, or expanding other ones to 5-car length.
Maybe in 30 or 40 years. The Canada Line still has a lot of capacity expansion that doesn't require rebuilding stations or ripping up Cambie.

It wasn't underbuilt, it was built to meet current demand and easily expandable to meet demand for the next few decades.

By the time the Canada Line needs to be expanded, it will likely make much more sense to build a second north-south line instead of expanding the Canada Line.

I don't think an Arbutus Line would make that much sense as a relief line. I do hope that a street car is eventually built along Arbutus, linking up with the Downtown Streetcar and perhaps an expansion along Marine Drive all the way to River District, but I don't think that's a solution for the North-South route.

A Hastings Line from Waterfront and then going south down Willingdon, past Brentwood and ending at Metrotown would make more sense. That, along with a UBC extension of the M-Line would be more than enough to service Downtown and take pressure off all three existing SkyTrain lines.