View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2017, 2:39 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I won't dispute that the Argos are low on the radar (hence their exclusion from the list) but I think there is a bit of selection bias re: TFC on here. They're every bit as much of a niche market as the Argos are. Only a different niche - albeit one that might be more present in the SSP Canada demographic.

I am almost positive that the NFL, which does not have a team in Toronto or Canada, has more eyeballs paying attention to it in the GTA than TFC-MLS do.
I have to disagree. This may have been true upto last year, but there was a significant widening of the gap in 2016 which looks likely to be even more significant in 2017 if attendance growth, on-field quality and overall buzz ammong the general public is anything to go by. In terms of interest in Toronto, not only has TFC got the fastest growing fanbase, I would place its current position in the city's consciousness as:

Leafs
Blue Jays
Raptors
TFC
Argos
Toronto Rock
Marlies
Wolfpack

Tosin007: "I know I need to get laid"
WhipperSnapper: "My seriousness is simply a veil hiding a true comedic genius."
OutOfTowner: "I live in Villeray - a block from Marché Jean Talon. And my choice of hairstyle is none of your business."