View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2007, 4:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by econgrad View Post
LOL! Greenmidtown, my band sells out all those clubs you mentioned! He also asked for under 21, which all the clubs you mentioned are over 21. The music scene downtown is isolated, no bands that play downtown get good exposure. The kids (under 18) buy the CD's, and go to the shows, not to just drink beer and sit around like at Blue Lamp and Old I's and Marylins, but to rock out, mosh and watch and support the act. The bands that are getting signed, play in front of more than 200+ people, not a crappy crowd of 80 or less like in all the clubs you mentioned, all play at the Boardwalk and The Underground. This is what I do for a living now, I think I know what I am talking about. You seem to be just another "Gridder" that likes to talk smack about the burbs, when you have probably never ever seen a show out there. Better bands, better crowds, real venues. Guess what, the music scene in DT sac is not that great at all, its kind of a joke to everyone outside of downtown, especially in major cities. Only exception would be concert at the park. I have been playing all these clubs since I was 14 playing at the Cattle Club in my highschool metal band, you have no idea or have a clue of what you are talking about.
wow, you're an expert scientist who knows the truth about global warming, a rock star who knows everything about the music scene, and a graduate in economics I assume . I'll keep this simple. the local scene in Sac isn't anything to write home about but it's definitely more mature than the saturation of high school emo rock stars in Roseville you worship. Sac has a growing indie-music scene with several bands well known in the SF, Portland, Austin circuit. and if I want to see a great indie band from the Bay Area or my hometown of Portland I find them downtown or in Davis. who the hell plays the underground in roseville or club retro (a church) in Orangevale??? give me a break, nobody in the music scene knows or cares about any city in this area but Sacramento and Davis.