View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2011, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob View Post
Usually I enjoy reading Mandryk's columns, however I'm not sure where he gets his stats from to say that support for a dome stadium is waning. There hasn't been an official poll taken on the issue since 2009. He dismisses the feasiblity study that was done which showed that the domed stadium could turn a modest profit. He also dismisses the fact that compared to Quebec City, the Regina proposal has a much more detailed business plan, a pre-selected site and a professional sports team that is here now and wants a new facility to move in to. Mandryk doesn't give enough credit for the footwork that has already been done on this project. He just comes out and says that the Feds should not contribute. There is over 1 billion dollars in the P3 fund that the government WILL spend. Why not spend a bit in Saskatchewan? Not that I'm against asking tough questions on the viability of this project but I think his bias comes through a little too much in this article.
I agree that his bias has shown in his columns, just as some other writers (ie: Blevins) have had their bias shown through theirs. However, in regards to the part I bolded, it's interesting that there has been no official poll since before the feasibility study came out - and yet, various supporters of the project argue that "numerous polls" show that a vast majority of residents support the project...