View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2018, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Bill Gates is so rich that he probably never once set foot in the house, and hardly was involved in the decision making.

He probably said, "Alfred, kindly accompany Junior to Chicago to locate a fitting property close to the University with adequate security, and once you find it bring forth a name to which our trustee Mr. Brumsfeld can issue a check". You know, that kind of thing...
To be honest, I'm guessing Gates will be visiting his son at college sometimes. My cousin went to HS with him (and Paul Allen) and my cousin's wife knows part of his family. She actually attended the funeral service for his mom after her death at their mansion (which I'm told is an insane place). They told me he's a bit more down to earth than the majority of super rich dudes.

His kids are also not inheriting the majority of his vast fortune. I think his kids are all multi millionaires, but not super rich. He is a fan of actually making them work independently for their success instead of him just handing it to them. He's paying for their college, but he has expectations that they actually have their own careers

https://www.sfgate.com/mommyfiles/ar...a-10414373.php

Quote:
"'It's not a favor to kids to have them have huge sums of wealth," he said. "It distorts anything they might do, creating their own path."

"Our kids will receive a great education and some money so they are never going to be poorly off but they'll go out and have their own career," he explained.
Anyway, based on what my cousin and his wife tell me, I'm fully expecting Gates to be visiting Hyde Park at least once a year for his son. I do agree that he probably didn't have anything to do with the house. I'll bet anything that it was all his son (seriously) who picked the property.