View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memememe76 View Post
You obviously have not taken the 320 from Surrey Central. The line ups are insane and the buses are full. But by the time I exit it at the T&T. finding a seat is easy.
Right, and if the bus terminated at 152 and Fraser, it would be completely empty at T&T. I'm not saying Guildford isn't busy, but there are a lot of buses that have most of their route east of Guildford that serve a lot of customers that "ride through" Guildford. If that wasn't the case, then buses would be full, but not packed and resulting in pass ups.

Let me ask you this, as someone that lives around 100 Ave. Would you rather:
a) Take the bus to an LRT station on 104 Ave (which will result in a transfer to Skytrain)
b)Take a bus South to 152 and Fraser and get on Skytrain directly?

And in reality those are the most likely choices. I really doubt that Skytrain will ever run down 104 Ave for the reasons mentioned by others. The switch systems proposed by others needlessly complicate Skytrains rather elegant design. So you can either have a 4 minute ride to 104 and 152, then an LRT ride and another transfer, or you can have a

Quote:
Originally Posted by memememe76 View Post
In terms of density, which other parts of Surrey has more density than Guildford?
Guildford, City Center, Gateway, Newton, Surdel/Kennedy, Strawberry Hill, East Panorama, Semiahmoo, Morgan/Rosemary Heights, Fleetwood, West Colverdale, Cloverdale, East Clayton, Willowbrook, and Langley city are all areas of high density townhomes, apartments and/or condos, not to mention that most of the new SFH homes in those areas have multiple suites and smaller lots than older homes.

And you know what the problem is? Guildford is the only one on it's own corridor. Building to Guildford is a sacrifice to multiple other corridors.

Is it worth it? It might be one of the cheaper corridors, but at the same time, the Rapid Transit would do absolutely nothing for every other person in Surrey. At least if they even just extended Skytrain to 160 St, it would shave more time off more people's travel, resulting in a greater savings for Translink and savings millions of hours of travel time. Or at least Building to Newton would server everyone in SW Surrey and South Surrey White Rock. Building to Guildford just helps Guildford Residents. And in my book, doing something to help a lot of people even a little bit is better than helping just a few people a lot.