View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 9:31 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post

Air Rights is another method used to control the development of megatall skyscrapers in NYC.
I can't wait until they get rid or at least dramatically reduce the fabricated air rights system for certain parts of the island. Its nothing more than a parameter of zoning.

Developers want to build many more units because it the market conditions are right, which right now they are, they will sell. Units in the range of 500k to 1.5 mil are hot hot hot!

The city could in theory build much taller and denser. Getting rid of air rights is one way of making this happen.

Yet again, what would an untamed NYC look like? One that is a sandbox for developers ambitions and dreams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltodesukane View Post
I don't like those small footprint tall towers.
Wider well-designed building groups contribute better to the city (like Rockefeller Center, Hudson Yards, ..).
Keep in mind that while this is a slender, it has the most extreme aspect-ratio of any tower that has ever been built. Its not just any ordinary slender, but history in the making. A record breaker and one that looks so good that it may cause accidents from pedestrians looking up on it and crossing the street (my prediction).