View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2007, 4:29 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
Daly BARELY won the last election, which I think is a sign that more and more people are frustrated with his stall mate mode of politics. If the election were held today, I'd bet money he wouldn't be welcomed back by the voters.

The problem is that all of the residents of these new units and high rises in SOMA haven't moved in yet and thus have no voting power. Once they move in, of course they're not going to want some advocate for homeless defecation allowing their streets and neighborhood to be taken over by the militant bums.

I think a more suitable district of Daly's politics is Visitacion Valley. Small, quaint, hidden, behind the curtain, and poor. His problem is that he completely marginalizes and destroys the middle class of the city because he believes only the impoverished deserve help and shelter and social services, and that the middle class should fork out more in taxes to pay for all of this.
I think you are doing exactly what Roadwarrior is warning about. I was just as surprised Daly won re-election as you would be if he won a third time. This last election he had decent and well-financed opposition. And his constitutency in the Tenderloin don't tend to vote in high percentages. But he still won which tells you there are an awful lot of people out there who care enough to vote and who like what Daly represents. My only comfort is that I can't see him having a future in elective politics. His reputation on the Board should make it impossible for him to win in any other constituency unless he moves to Berkeley or Santa Monica in which case, "good riddance."