View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 16, 2017, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northparkwizard View Post
Yep. None of those valid points has anything to do with my original question.

As a trolley rider i'd like more stops, like double the amount of stops. If the trolley blocks traffic ... I don't really care as a rider, driver, or pedestrian. Grade separation for light rail makes it burdensome on riders while accommodating vehicle traffic. There's got to be a compromise.

All I can do about it is complain, share my opinion, and fill out rider surveys.
I think I see what you're getting at... you want transit to be more accessible, right? As in, not just serve parking lots in random parts of the city (granted, some of these parking lots have potential, like Grantville, Clairemont, UTC)

SANDAG is obviously betting, as others have mentioned, on future growth occurring around these transit stations that don't really serve a lot of foot traffic. (Downtown is an exception)

This was a major criticism of my professor, who said transit should go where demand already exists. The key, he said, was to make it as fast as possible (grade separated). Read it here: https://www.slideshare.net/TheMissio...diego-46387912