View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2004, 1:08 PM
Me?!?

I'm interested in everything around here, Chris.

As for the editorial on the LRT and bicycle, I TOTALLY agree!!!

Check this out. We are finally getting some national attention!!! :carrot:

Harrisburg Region Featured In National Magazine

Thursday May 27, 2004 3:47pm
Posted By: Katie McCarthy

Consumer Center - The June issue of Money magazine says our region is a place industries need to consider. Couple that with a just announced regional marketing plan and we look to be pretty competitive for jobs. "What is it about south central Pennsylvania. Is it our historic towns, national parks or stunning landscapes of mountains, rivers and farmland?"

There is a DVD presentation that companies all over the country will be receiving. It links our eight counties together in a "smart market" because local chamber of commerce leaders say that's what it takes to be competitive. David Black/President Harrisburg Regional Chamber, "Companies quite frankly don't care whether it's Lancaster County or Dauphin County or Cumberland County. I mean they want to locate in a part of a state with certain transportation amenities." Or - "Is it how very close we are to major metropolitan hubs of the northeast like Washington DC, Baltimore, New York and Philadelphia? You just can't position yourself as one county, one city. You have to do something a little broader and it is a global market place."

In the June issue, Money magazine recognizes the potential of the Harrisburg region - naming it one of the top three up and coming regions in the whole country. "That kind of earned media is wonderful for a region and it is Harrisburg, PA but it is obviously the region." About one point seven million people live in our eight county region. That is certainly a large enough group to support most or any job creating industry.

EDIT: This story came from www.abc27.com