View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2017, 10:32 AM
perhaps . . .

You really should elaborate logan5.

As for being tired of Native issues, and blaming a crippled community: you people need to think about your own families - the alcoholics, the dysfunctional, the handicapped, etc. and how difficult, often impossible it seems for them to overcome their hopelessness and inability to get 'better' in whatever manner that brings one to be 'normal.' Then, when you have finished that, consider what your position would be if your 'people' were routinely driven by the police out into the frozen prairie and dropped off at 3AM to die or whatever; or your sister and the sisters of people you know routinely turned up in the bottom of the Red River, or your parents, and uncles and grandparents all suffer from anxiety, depression and low self worth because of residential schools and adoptive 'scoops,' and then sit back and think about your community's reaction to having 100 missing and murdered women from your home towns . . . I could go on, but really, just get your heads out of your asses!

White extremists rely on intimidation and killing, native extremists don't. So, asking if there is a double standard is really stupid. Anyone who associates themselves with white extremism is pushing a lineage that links up with lynchings, murders, beatings, cop killings, and the indigenous things I just listed. There is no equivalency, so there is no possibility of a double standard. White people (and some others) have been beating up, killing and denying work, wealth and respect to natives, blacks (and some others) for centuries - and it continues today. Blacks and natives also kill, but I defy you to find in their history the discovery of a immunity weakness in the white population and then injected our homes with a deadly pox. The history is so completely fucking out of balance that 'Native complaining,' and pointing out percieved 'double standards' is both ill-informed, sadly without perspective, and stupidly willing to make claims about something you bloody well don't understand past your own simplistic prejudices. Either spend some time learning about it, or put your efforts into other subject matters. This discourse doesn't need your nonsense.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lastly, ssguy, you rightly point out the fatigue that factors into all this. But, there's a lesson right there. If the majority, non native population, suffers fatigue related to native problems - well, lets then imagine the fatigue with its resulting drain on the collective will, on the other side of the equation. Yeah, we're all tired of it. I can only imagine how tired or native peoples are of the very same thing.