View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 6:33 PM

Thumbs up Height is Just Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I am disappointed the apartments are only 6 floors. My understanding is that taller buildings are permitted at the end of the block. Density is good thing and a small building on a high profile spot like this makes me sad, its even shorter than the 8 storey seniors home next door. If there was ever going to be place for a new 12 to 25 story tower in the village this was it. I heard rumours that a tower was in the works,, though COHLMEYER will make a beautiful design,, its simply too short.

I'm quite happy with this 8 storey proposal, (6 residential floors), at this location.
It suits this corner very well. Increased density is always desirable but with this Osborne Village location, I wouldn't like to see a +10 storey high rise at this intersection.
There is no problem in this neighborhood with density. Other areas I may agree with a taller proposal but that would be a discussion for that particular location.

I agree that Steve will do a wonderful job when and if this proposal comes to fruition.