View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2012, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscraperGuru View Post
Comparing Canada to America is like comparing China to one of its third world neighbors; USA is almost considered second world anyway. I plan on moving to Canada within a few years. Not my fault i'm an American.
Canada isn't perfect, and America has a lot of "perfect" spots within, but overall I still think based on my life experience that Canada has a better long term trajectory than we do. Our shrinking middle class is this way because of policies and procedures the middle class allows, largely because people don't understand the role of government (as I see it) or that it can affect change for economic classes in profoundly positive ways if properly utilized. The American public isn't in the mood to use government for that end, and I don't see it happening again. Issues range from health care to employment to protections in the workplace, but it all comes down to the role of government.

Canada has a better balance, and despite the current government the underlying difference is still there.

I wish you luck, but if you're new to this let me tell you it'll be a long road to travel. I can provide you some insight if you want as I'm making the same journey.

If I'm stuck in the US for the rest of my life, there's always San Francisco. It truly is the "perfect" part of America, IMO. Although, I'd be depressed that I could likely never afford a high rise condo in the city. So, Canada (Toronto specifically) is still my love. LOL