View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2010, 9:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Avanine, you're missing my point. I'm not saying it should be a "post 5 cities and leave" topic". I've been on here long enough now to inderstand how it works.

Never said I didn't care about the forum. I said that I stopped caring about offending others on this forum with my opinion a while ago. Like I said before, if you don't like it, disagree with it, think it's hostile, self-righteous, etc., grow a sack and realize that that it's an opinion. Phil's post proclaiming his opinion that I must be some American chauvinist because I have such strong opinons about NYC and Chicago skylines is fine. It found it funny that someone gets so worked up over someone else's strong/controversial opinion about SKYLINES! So I thought I'd respond with as much ridiculousness about being some American jingo.

Why do you really care about someone else's opinion about a personal taste matter, regardless of how strongly or offensive you perceive the opinion to be? Again, I couldn't care less about your feelings regarding my opinion, but do care that people continually on this forum have to bitch and moan about what other people's opinions are. Both of you should grow a sack and move on. Why do you care what I think anyway? Why would Phil get so rankled by an opinion that he sees the need to call someone an American chauvinist, especially when we're talking about what skylines we like best? That is pitiful.
"Grow a sack", like that is supposed to mean something? PJ, if we don't like your opinion, we will share OUR opinion about yours. You don't like our opinion? Well by your way of thinking, "grow a sack and deal with it". Why are you now "bitching and moaning" about our opinions of your opinion? This can go on forever... do you see the futility of it all?

So let us just say that we agree to disagree. You obviously aren't willing to take opinions further than their most basic definition, which is sad.

BTW, we don't care what you think. We care WHY you think what you think. Get the difference?

to New.slang:
"Its not like hes saying his top 5 are all american cities." No, that's not what he was saying. He said that nothing BUT NY+Chicago's skylines matter. If someone said "nothing but Shanghai + HK's skylines matter", then it'll be the same deal. By looking at his first post (and his first post only), you CAN logically conclude that he was an American chauvinist.

here's how it makes him look like a chauvinist:
1. He claims that two American cities are the only ones that carry ANY significance (extremist view) AT ALL. Um, OK, so not necessarily chauvinist. But then he derides all other skylines, specifically targeting two of China's largest, NY/Chicago's main competitors in the skyline debates. Aided by his illogical explanation for why HK/Shanghai sucks vs. NY/Chicago, he looks like he chose them out of bias + blind American pride and not with any logically founded reasoning. He claimed "great massive concentration", as in SIZE, as the determining factor vs. other skylines. Which is false. Had he used Wrabbit's reasonings in his original post, I doubt Phil would have called him a chauvinist.

Plus, he has a hostile and stubborn tone throughout.

Sure PJ can say what he wants. No one is stopping him. If he doesn't care to offend others, the so be it. But it would be pitiful if everyone just ignored him when the point of the forum is for discussion.