Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2018, 3:30 PM

I'll hold off on my opinion abuot the goaltending signing until after all the RFA's are signed. Hopefully Chevy gets the Laine extension done this summer too.

It seems like they're going to be $1-2 million under the cap. So signing a vet for $2M would not have worked. They need space for injuries and trade deadline signings.

But agreed about the goaltending. The purpose last year in signing Mason was to have 2 capable goaltenders. Obviously Mason didn't work out as he was concussed all season. Hellebuycks needs someone to take games during the regular season so he is 100% ready to go the distance in the playoffs.

On the Jets loss to Vegas, it was MA Fleury who stole the series. Jets had their chances to score at key times. The difference between Nashville and Vegas is Fleury made the stops, and Rinne got pulled. I firmly believe if a coupe of those goals went in against Fleury, Jets would've made the finals. In the finals, Fleury was clearly not the same. Tired and he had some type of injury sustained during the Jets series that he made work. As time went on, it wore him out.