View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 19, 2014, 1:03 AM

My wife and I looked at both Harvest Hills and Coventry when we bought back in 2009 and ended up in harvest hills. Our house backs out onto 96th ave (harvest rose circle).

So far its been an interesting but good ride. In the years we have lived here our property taxes have remained within the 150-175 range per month which is quite good. Our lowest city assessment has not been lower then what we paid which is also good. The house is at the point where it needs some renovation but not huge and other then one minor plumbing issue has been very solid. The previous owners did some half assed renovations but I don't hold the house quality accountable for a shitty laminate floor installation. In contrast my friend who bought a house in Coventry 6 months before I did has had to replace his garburator, kitchen faucet, dishwasher, fridge, had his chimney blow off in a wind storm and had his siding melted because his neighbors house lit on fire 3 doors down from an electrical fault.

Harvest hills also has wider spaces between the houses so you aren't as close to your neighbors. The airport noise is not very bad at all and honestly we don't even notice it is there now. We also have a view of downtown from our backyard and as it is a flythrough space there is a height limit on what can be developed. Access to deerfoot is fantastic now that 96 is complete and stoney is just as easy. An added bonus is that the North/South LRT will have a few stops around us, one on 96th ave and harvest hills blvd and one in the future aurora business park.

My neighbors have been really great to deal with as well, very helpful and friendly. Overall we have been very happy with harvest hills. Its been a great community so far.