View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denizen467 View Post
^ Everyone complains about this but still I don't agree. I think saving 15 minutes is less important than clearing off the table pain points like crime, panhandlers, urine, breakdowns, earsplitting tunnel noise, vague timetables, unintelligible passenger announcements, drunken revelers or rowdy weekenders, being simply too packed to allow more passengers, and general unreliability, since airport trips normally require assurance of timeliness, safety, and some modicum of cleanliness and comfort. However, it is true that, to some extent, you could accomplish this just with comfortable purpose-built carriages running along the Blue Line with no stops and controlled platform entry at each terminus. So this Metra station routing may offer limited advantages over that, such as Ogilvie being a more desirable and workable downtown terminus compared to Clark/Lake, and the absence of line stoppages due to police action or malfunctions.
Yeah, I am aware of that. That's a problems. Those people is complaining about criminal, homeless, and a few others, as well. They should keep off the airport property. They need more police officer to patrol at ORD property or at the platform.