View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2010, 3:02 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Despite the reduced height, I'm more excited about this proposal than what we saw from Piano. Granted, a lot of that has to do with the minimal visuals we saw for the previous proposal. But I like the prospects of this and Pelli's tower playing off each other a little bit. Plus, SOM deserves a prominent tower in the plan after their brilliant proposal for the Transbay Tower itself.

When and if these two projects plus 350 Mission and of course the terminal get off the ground, the transformation of the neighborhood will be remarkable.

Quote:
The project as proposed would either require approval of the proposed Transit Center District Plan and accompanying rezoning with respect to increased height limits or a site-specific amendment of the Planning Code and General Plan height maps by way of the Board of Supervisors upon recommendation from the Planning Commission.
If the Transbay Plan is anywhere near on schedule, then I would hope it will be approved in time for this project's timeline. The Transbay EIR is supposed to be finalized next Spring. I have no idea how long approval of that will take, but I think it might still be easier to wait for that as it should make approval of this much more straightforward. Either way, this needs to wait for the office market to get stronger, so I wouldn't think they're in any kind of rush.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park