View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2011, 10:38 PM

Greetings, fellow urban geeks. It was splendid outside this Sunday, and I initially thought that I was too busy to go for a brief photo tour; I had planned to focus on growing my beard, smoking hash, and listening to Jane`s Addiction. Upon reflection, however, I thought that my countless fans would appreciate a taste of the most important, glorious, cultured, fashionable, wealthy, attractive, famous, high tech, educated, safe, tropical, and modern city in the world: Winnipeg.

Side Note: I noticed today that when I try to post certain punctuation it turns out poorly; like when I try to write WINNIPEG`S or Y`ALL. It`s strange, and I apologize if some punctuation seems weird. I`ll try to re-learn how to use this forum properly, and to eliminate these errors.

Anyways, I loaded up some rock`n`roll, melted some hash, and embarked upon what was soon to become the 894th best day of my life:

This is downtown from the west; the castle - like building is part of the main campus of the University of Winnipeg:

I wish the city would remove all the images of my uncle Biff. It`s unsettling:

The highly fortified Winnipeg Candy Works:

Part of the UofW campus. I spent my last year of undergrad studies here, and let me tell ya, those 365 days were the best I ever had all year long:

This is what it feels like to stand on a meridian looking east towards Portage and Main:

This is about as advanced as our current public transit gets, however construction is currently underway on a Bus Rapid Transit line running from downtown to - eventually - the southern University of Manitoba, and this line will include a new bridge and tunnel:

More UofW:

The right displays the Buhler Building, which is a UofW facility; the left scene is of the Investors Group, the headquarters of Canada`s largest insurance company:

S`more Buhler:

Part of a downtown Mennonite university campus; there`s a lot of Mennonites here, and only some of them wear plaid:

I think you will agree that the Winnipeg Art Gallery kicks ass:

A good year for music. Just sayin`:

A relatively artistic shot tucked in amongst my shitty ones:

Officially known as Tha Peg City Book Lernin`Place:

I have fantasies about each and every last downtown surface area parking lot:

I hope you are enjoying this rookie tour so far:

Damn, there`s potential here:

A typical bluegrass joint:

After 16 years, we have a premium league again:

This is a bunk and blurry shot, but if you don`t think Batman hangs out here, I challenge you to spend a night of thievery and crime here:

The Canadian Museum of Human Rights, which is difficult to spell when you`re drunk, will be 100% complete and functional by 2013 at the latest, which in common Winnipeg dialect means 2094:

The ceiling of our monumental train station. It always looks as if it wants to eat you:

We need a couple more building without flat tops:

The keen eye will spot 17 lemurs here:

Maybe not the greatest shot, by my attempt to display an active transport lane along the northern shore of the Assiniboine River:

There is a sniper in one of these buildings. Scroll down quickly!

A chunk of downtown I`m not sure why I bothered to capture:

Looking west upon the Assiniboine River:

Some more of downtown:

There are roughly 12.6 million buildings like this in Winnipeg:

I like this fella:

A new one in the Village:

Yep:

Osborne Village:

Gay Pride at the Forks:

Downtown:

More downtown UofW:

More pride jazz: