View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 7:59 AM
Big City Enthusiast

CQ municipality area includes a lot of protected areas, though, that the other municipalities dont. This is why I think they should have just made Chongqing into a Province and City, to remove the confusion of municipality/city. But I also understand the municipality designation, direct control with no provincial barriers (so CQ can essentially do anything it wants).

In spite of the huge area compared to the other muni's, it should be noted that most of the people live in the core as there is massive density in the 4 inner districts (Yuzhong, Jianbei, Nan An, Shapingba) and nearby. The rest live in rural farms in the valleys - but this is rapidly changing as people are migrating into the urban districts. To see Yuzhong (especially Jeifangbei), Jianbei, and Nan An - I think anybody would agree it is on par with most world cities development, density, and urban offerings.

Chongqing is really a rapidly growing big city in control of a whole lot of land, more than any other city in China. ....