View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 11:39 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
And who is doing that? And what is your definition of better, higher salaries? more camera angles? bigger supposedly "better" players?

By parts of that definition that counts leagues such as the KHL, the EPL and all women's sports as "bush league" or less than the best. And that supposition is stupid.

Those that use the terms "bush league" are the water cooler, office pool crowd who are clueless because they only know the side of the argument that has been force fed to them and that they have happily and gullibly (sic) lapped up.

What pisses people off is when people come on here and deride someone else's sport as not good entertainment and worthy of one's time. If I've done that, my apologies, but it would almost always be because someone else has done it first and I'm letting them know it's not acceptable to me.

Every sport, no matter how much money and how high profile, has had its "fail" moments, they can all be made to look "bush league"
It was half in jest response to Saskscraper. He's fun.

Bush league can be a derogatory term to some however, I'm in no way implying that a bush league is not fun or a waste of time to follow. That's your own conclusion. I follow some bush league sports and I proudly call it as such.

The CFL is not the top league in our coverage area. The actual game of football (not including all the ancillary activities promoting the NFL) is a niche market in Toronto. That's being rational.