View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2014, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziobrop View Post
I am of the same mind as you on the HT in your blog - very good points. When they focus all their energy on keeping downtown as is; they have missed all these other buildings of significant heritage value. Which begs the question are the really fulfilling their mandate as a Provincial Heritage Preservation body? I'd say a resounding no.

Others on this forum have pointed out other organizations that the HT could model themselves after which are not "all or nothing" minded and are more than happy to work with folks and even help put some money in to the game where possible. If the HT was more like that; then I could see them having more support.

They are the creators of their own misfortune and while I doubt the slap lawsuit will go anywhere - the fact they will all have to pay out the legal costs while it moves forward is penalty enough. Having been a part of when when I worked for the Municipality in Fort Mac (and their legal team represented me) I can say I'm quite happy I didn't have to pay.