View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Also really looking forward to this. I think 27.6 metres can work because they are bidding on a site. The developers will effectively set a price that the market can bare given the height restrictions.

I like the fact that they're talking about an extra wide sidewalk with trees. This is something that is actually a community amenity that will be useful. Often the city demands setbacks with no other requirements and the result is awkward private or semi-private wasted land (the land itself has no purpose other than to keep the building away from adjacent properties).
I agree about the sidewalk. Having trees and wider sidewalks is something that the best cities do to create areas that people want to walk in. The trees help shade during the summer, so it's not so god awful hot (as my mother would say). The trees also cut down on wind and help with snow.

I think this site is big enough that despite the fact the height on the isn't very high, you can still get a good level of units and development there. Plus; it's all about cumulative effect. So add this lot, the two other 'sister lots', Trillium and eventually YMCA - that's a good chunk of units added!