View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 21, 2012, 9:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakegz View Post
Now the Foster tower is perfect for Park Avenue. I always think that the glory days of Park Avenue were the late 1950s to the 1960s when towers like the Seagram and Lever House were built to stand alongside classics like the Waldorf Astoria, Helmseley building and GE building amongst others. This era is kind of when New York came into its own and began dominating modern fashion, culture and art yet did it with a clean style that high modernism exuded. While that era has gone, it seems to have never gone out of style at least.

This tower does a lot to remind us of that era while also noting the present with it's white colors, lucent glass and tall striking fins.
That's just the thing. We have towers like 250 W 50th St going up, though not on Park Avenue. But it's time for something of this era. I don't believe we've seen the best of what we can be, and we can't only rely on successes of the past. It's time to take some new risks.

I do like the treatment of the fins on this model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.