View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2021, 5:12 PM

Concerning Cultural Banality and Change,

Art is always a good thing. Not graffiti mind you, but True, art. In the past all the Drive-thru Movie Theaters had huge paintings upon the front side of their screens to look at as one sat waiting in line to enter. Good ones too. These theaters were all torn down in the name of change. Many were upset over this change. Because. For many people this was the only "Real Ort" they were ever exposed to.
Murals are good thing. These add to the richness of a City's character, Fundamentally. Many cities are doing this, not just us. Hell, a long time ago many buildings downtown had an enormous advertisement painted on their brick sides? Maybe their were whiners about this sort of painting back then too, I don't know. I do know people now, search for these "Ghost signs" upon the sides of downtown City buildings. They take pictures of these before these disappear or search for these advertisements online.
Multiculturalism adds flavor and depth to a society. If, the paintings are skillfully done. Who knows, these paintings might even inspire some small children from an early age who are so inclined.
Change will inspire some and only anger others. Even now as this is entered
some profound societal changes are happening which even I, have a difficult time accepting. I thought I was so modernized too. And. Thought I was very accepting of change.
Not so much as I thought.