View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2007, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopacs View Post
On another note... what are the long-term prospects for the Arboretum Crossing shopping center (anchored by Dave & Busters)? I've always found that to be somewhat of an awkward location for a retail center, due to limited visibility and access from the freeways. The center has lost at least 4 anchors over the past few years, two of which moved across the street to Simon's Arbor Walk (circuit city and DSW). The adjacent Gateway Shopping center would seem fine for now, but I also wonder about its long-term prospects.
Long-term it is still fundamentally good real estate. Although it has some visibility issues, it is still at the intersection of 2 freeways and the demos are superb.
There are lots and lots of retailers that haven't even entered the market yet. And with Austin's retail occupancy at 95%- Big Box retailers don't have as many choices on where they can go as you think. I would be willing to bet that there will be LOI's working on the Circuit city and DSW spaces soon (if there aren't already)