View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 3:50 AM
ॐ शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
QUESTION: Roughly speaking, what percentage of these are u/c or in advanced stages of planning ?
Hi,

Over 1/2 of these are in various states of construction. With the monsoon season now upon Mumbai, construction has virtually halted for the next few months.

Apart from only a handful, all of these towers have been approved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
Thanks for this wonderful thread! It has already helped me paint a more accurate image! I will be back to keep updated on Mumbai (Bombay), India.
You're very welcome

For you, here's a somewhat dated picture of this building's construction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ptor View Post
Why only residential towers? Given India's exploding economy you would also expect a huge boom in office skyscrapers.
There are office tower proposals on the works, including two supertalls that there is very little information on, but business seem to be content with large office blocks/campuses. However, the Dharavi slum redevelopment plans, of which we'll see renderings come out later this year, will feature office skyscrapers.

Really, only when Mumbai's infrastructure improves, we can see large scale skyscraper development. I'm certain that in the next couple years as the Mumbai metro, Bhandra-Worli Sealink, Transharbour Sealink, E-W freeway, etc. are completed that Mumbai will see skyscraper development.

Personally, I'm all for holding out for as long as possible. Simply put, Mumbai's land values are astronomical, and will only increase. Add that to the fact that India's economy is booming, and that, as Dale correctly observed, Mumbai's architecture continues to increase in quality and size... the longer commerical skyscrapers are not built means the taller and of higher-quality they will be when the dam does burst, so to speak.

And when it will burst, its gonna burst in a big way

-------==--=--==-------

Some additions to the thread:

Another, better, rendering of Park Hyatt Tower,

Om Shanti Heights:

Nisar:

Prerna, Borivli:

Residential Tower, Borivli:

Arya, Nepeansea Road:

Dattani Towers, Borivli: 48 stories.

Rehab Housing Pvt Ltd Tower, Vashi

(I'm not sure which is the more accurate rendering)

Cheers

-Jai

--=- | Check out The Indian Skyscraper Blog - Chronicling the vertical risE of India... | -=--